userway ADA

Quick Connect

The State of Colorado is an open records state, which allows anyone to obtain Colorado arrest information. Sealed records are not releasable and generally juvenile records are not accessible to the public.
To inquire about a person or to obtain a record, you must submit the exact spelling of the person's name and their date of birth. Otherwise, the criminal history record will not be found.


Contact/No Contact Letter requests can be completed for local contacts only. Any individual in need of contact information is asked to first contact the Colorado Bureau of Investigation (CBI) in order to complete a background check. Contact/No Contact Letters will be completed for individuals who have received their background check through CBI and are still in need of a Contact/No Contact Letter from the Sheriff's Office due to special circumstances.

  • A government issued identification card is required in addition to a $5 fee.
  • Payments may be made by cash, check, money order, or credit cards can be accepted in person at our Eagle location.
  • Checks should be made payable to the Eagle County Sheriff's Office.
  • Special Records requests will be referenced to the Eagle County Attorney. Open Records request details can be viewed at the Eagle County Attorney webpage link.
  • Questions? Please call our main number 970-328-8500 press option 5 or email the records custodian at:
How can I get a copy of a case report?
Complete the required Records Request Form. The completed form must be notarized and returned to us with a copy of the requester’s driver’s license and advance payment.
How much does it cost for a copy of a case report?
  • $5 minimum fee for the initial report and an additional $.25 per page.
How much does it cost if it takes longer than 1 hour to research my case report request?
No fee will be imposed for the first hour of time expended in connection with the research and retrieval. After the first hour, a fee of $33.58 per hour will be charged for each additional hour expended in connection with the research and retrieval.
How much does it cost for a large case report with other items?
  • Additional fees may apply for a copy, printout or photograph at $.25 per standard page (8 ½ x 11).
  • For documents in non-standard format (larger than 8 ½ x 11), the actual cost of providing a copy, printout or photograph of the record will be charged.
  • For a certified copy or other copy, printout, or photograph of a record is specifically prescribed by law, the specific fee shall apply.
How much does it cost if my case report requires extensive research?
In addition to the $.25 per page fee, the requester may be charged a reasonable research and retrieval fee based on the actual cost of responding to the request, including staff time of gathering, preparing, reviewing, redacting to excise privileged material, and copying available documents.
Which case reports require the $33.58 extensive research fee?
  • Cases over 5 years old
  • Cases prior to 2004 (requiring retrieval on an older records system)
  • Additional Supplemental Reports that do not qualify for the $.25 per page rate
  • Reports with multiple offenders
  • Digital media requests such as ‘Body Worn Camera’s’ (BWC) or patrol vehicle camera footage
How long will it take to receive a case report once I have made a formal request for the report?
  • If you make a walk-in request at the main office in Eagle we will attempt to process the report request while you wait. If the report requires extensive research or is stored off-site, we may require up to 72 hours, as permitted by Colorado State Statute.
Can I have a friend pick up a case report for me or do I need to be present?
  • The requestor must specify the name(s)of the person who will be picking up the report on your records request form.
  • The person specified will be required to show a Driver's License or government issued photo ID card at the time of pick up.
Can you fax or email me a case copy of my report?
  • We do not fax copies of reports for any reason.
  • We can email a copy of a report if the required, notarized report request, and your payment is received.
Where can I get a copy of a case report if I am a defendant in an active case?
  • The Eagle County Sheriff's Office will not release reports to anyone listed as a Defendant in an active/open case that is less than a year old.
  • If you are listed as a Defendant you may be able to obtain a copy of the report you are requesting at the District Attorney's Office. You can reach them at 970-328-6947.
ecg tv